File your FAFSA!

IRS Data Retrieval Tool

The academic course catalog for OSU Institute of Technology

View the video

Special Note: File Your 2017-2018 FAFSA Before Januar 1, 2017 for SEOG and OTAG Consideration!

File your 217-2018 FAFSA before the January 1 deadline for SEOG and OTAG consideration! If you qualify for Pell Grant, you may qualify for these additional federal and state-funded grants. If your 2015 Federal Taxes are not yet filed, enter an estimate.

FAFSA Application Flyer

The 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available now for students wishing to attend OSUIT for the next academic school year starting Fall Term, 2017 Just go to

Remember, there are additional federal and state grants available to students if the FAFSA form is filed before January 1st, 2017. However, ALL students should complete the FAFSA even if this deadline has passed.

Students/parents  have one of three options available to them when filing:

  • Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to pull in their COMPLETED 2015 taxes (This feature is temporarily disabled by technical issues);
  • Using the student’s/parents’ tax information from the previous year to complete their FAFSA financial information section; or
  • Using the “I have not completed my 2015 taxes” option under the financial information section of the FAFSA.

Students and parents may have to file a correction FAFSA to update with 2015 tax information once taxes are filed with the IRS. This may change the Estimated Family Contribution, or EFC, which determines how much Pell Grant a student may receive.


While the primary responsibility of paying for a college education lies with the student and his or her family, we are available to assist you with accessing all financial assistance possible to offset the costs of a college education. All students attending OSU Institute of Technology are required to maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to remain eligible for financial assistance. Students are required to be familiar with the Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress.

The key to accessing the greatest amount of available federal, state, and institutional grants and loans is to apply early:

  1. Obtain an FSA ID to sign online at (If you are a dependent student, a parent will need an FSA ID as well.)
  2. To get started, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is an online process at  Our school code is 003172.  Complete the 2016 - 2017 Application if you are attending Fall 2016, Spring 2017, & Summer 2017. Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA if you are attending Fall 2017, Spring 2018, and Summer 2018.
  3. Once our office receives your information, we will notify you if additional information is needed and/or send your award letter.

It is HIGHLY recommended that you file your application electronically (at the link below;) however, you may mail a paper copy to:

Federal Student Aid Programs P.O. Box 7001 Vernon, IL 62864-0071

What to do? FILE YOUR FAFSA!

COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA: To begin the Financial Aid process you will first need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can complete the FAFSA electronically by using FAFSA on the Web at You will need your 2015 Tax information (Use the IRS Data Retrieval Process to obtain tax return information, if you are eligible. The retrieval tool allows FAFSA applicants and parents the ability to transfer their income information from the IRS to the FAFSA).  The Data Retrieval Tool is temporarily disabled until further notice. STARTING MAY 10, 2015, you will be required to use an FSAID (User I.D. and Password) to enter the FAFSA. The FAFSA website will automatically redirect you and provide additional information to assist you in setting up your new FSA ID!

It’s that simple! Many questions about financial aid and the admissions process can be answered by reviewing our Frequently Asked Questions.

Video Training Links from!

If at any time you have questions, please feel free to contact our office at (918) 293-4684, toll-free (800) 722-4471, or