Veteran Services Step-by-Step Guide

  1. Apply for certificate of eligibility or request a change of place of training:
    • Online through VONAPP at or
    • Download the hard copy of the designated form for your chapter at and
      mail to :      VA Regional Office
                          PO Box 8888
                          Muskogee, OK 74402
      • Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty), Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill), Chapter 1606 (MGIB-SR)
        • VA Form 22-1990 New Students
        • VA Form 22-1995 Transferring Students
          • Also send a copy of your DD214 and/or NOBE (if applicable) and kicker contract (if applicable)
      • Chapter 35 (Dependent)
        • VA Form 22-5490 New Students
        • VA Form 22-5495 Transferring Students
  2. Apply for admission to Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology:
    • Online at (click the Apply Now button at the top of webpage) or
    • Print and return the admissions form to:
                        Office of Admissions
                        Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology
                        1801 East 4th Street
                        Okmulgee, OK 74447
  3. Turn in your VA Intake Worksheet, Release of Information and Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of Veteran Services. This begins your VA file on campus.
    • All forms required can be found can be found on our forms page or by visiting with the Veteran Service office.
  4. Request Military Transcript from Branch of Service and turn into Veteran Services. * All Veteran’s receiving benefits must have military training evaluated. Transcripts can be requested at:
  5. Meet with an advisor from the department in which you will be seeking a degree from to enroll in classes. Complete the VA Advisory Sheet with necessary signatures required.
    • Remember the VA requires only courses necessary for completing your degree to be funded by your GI Bill.
    • Your advisor can send your Advisory Form through campus mail or you can choose to deliver it to the Veterans Service office yourself. *Students at the Pryor Campus can fax the form to our office.
  6. When our office, Veterans Student Services, receives your Enrollment Confirmation Sheet, we will date stamp it and add it to your VA file. Once certified, you will receive a confirmation email with your cert ID number and the number of hours certified along with other helpful reminders.
  7. Report any dropped courses to our office. Any added courses require a new advisory form with same approval signature(s) listed in Step 4.

Repeat steps 5 - 6 every semester you intend to use your GI Bill.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at